So you’ve decided to attend a home show. Most likely, you are considering home renovation projects within the next year. Listed below are four tips to help you make the most out of attending a home show.
1. PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE!
- Develop clear ideas of the work you are planning to complete.
- Make notes! Include questions you have regarding your potential projects to ask the professionals at the Home Show.
- Get a list of vendors who will be showcasing their products and services. This way you can make the most out of your time spent talking with the vendors applicable to your projects.
- Call the vendors you are interested speaking with before the event to see if they will schedule a time with you at the show to discuss your project. Many vendors will provide you with free home show tickets if you schedule an appointment to meet with them during the home show in advance.
2. GET YOUR WALKING SHOES ON!
- Many home shows are held in large arenas or local fairgrounds. Be prepared to walk! Wear a comfortable pair of tennis shoes or boots and save your stilettos for a night out.
- Bring a tote bag. Many booths pass out freebies and plenty of literature and brochures, and you will need a place to put these items.
- Don’t forget to bring any plans or photos of the potential project. A couple of pictures of your bathtub you plan on replacing, can ensure the professionals give you accurate advice when you ask questions.
- Bring cash! Many home shows have a food vendor area for a quick snack or drink and many shows have parking fees.
*Quick Tip: Have a special pocket for those business cards from vendors you plan on calling back after the show!
3. PICK UP THAT PROGRAM AT THE ENTRANCE!
- The home show programs typically have a map of where the vendor booths are located. This will help you get the most out of your time and help you meet with the vendors you want to contact.
- Pay attention to how attentive the professionals at the booths are. Are they frowning and sulking in a chair reading a newspaper? Or are they smiling and approach you at their booth? You can make the most out of these home shows by getting a feel for the company’s approach and general attitude.
- Plan on engaging conversation with the company’s who offer services applicable to your project list and who seem eager to talk to you.
4. GET IDEAS & HAVE FUN!
- Relax, and check out the latest and greatest products. The home shows are an opportunity for vendors to show off their work and the newest products and innovations in their industry.
- Have an open mind! You may leave with new ideas on how to approach your home renovations. Be sure to take notes and pictures, so you don’t forget any of the new information you are bound to pick up at these types of events.
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft is excited to be a vendor at this event and is giving away FREE TICKETS!!!!!!!! Our philosophy at Dream Baths is to make bathroom remodeling convenient. We are your one-stop shop for bathroom design and remodeling needs. We handle everything from plumbing, electrical, framing, demolition, drywall, carpentry and flooring, and eliminate the need to hire multiple contractors. Our designers not only design your dream bathroom but also aesthetically put it together without having to hire other contractors. This methodology makes the design process convenient and cost effective. If you are interested in a free in-home consultation or more information contact us! We would love to help you!
See More at: How to Make the Most out of Attending a Home Show