It’s that time of year again…you need to find the perfect gift to show your husband or wife how much you care for him or her. This year, we thought we might look to our award-winning landscaping vendors for a creative answer to this dilemma. Yes, you could give your wife a dozen red roses, but why not give her something that will last much longer: give her an entire rose bush instead!
In fact, you might want to buy your beloved husband or wife two or three rose bushes. When making decisions about what to buy, you can consult with our landscaping vendors about what plants would work best for a specific location or soil type, but we also suggest you think about the color meanings for each rose. That’s right; there are actually traditional meanings associated with each color of rose:
- Red roses are the traditional choice for romance, passion and courage, and a time-honored way to say, "I love you."
- Pink roses symbolize gratitude and appreciation, and are a traditional way to say thank you. So if you are feeling particularly thankful to your spouse this year, gift him or her with a pink rose.
- Yellow roses symbolize friendship and evoke a sunny feeling of warmth and happiness. This would be a perfect gift for that spouse who is also a true friend. Of course, if you live in Texas, you can also give this gift with a song!
- Orange roses, which combine yellow and red, are the embodiment of desire and enthusiasm. With their bright energy, they can also symbolize excitement or fascination.
- White roses symbolize honor and reverence, and are traditionally associated with marriages and new beginnings. So if this is your first Valentine’s Day as a married couple, a white rose might be the perfect choice.
- Lavender roses are a symbol of enchantment, and also traditionally used to express love at first sight. So remind your beloved of how you met with a lavender rose!
- Purple roses symbolize royalty, so feel free to gift your prince or princess with a purple rose bush.
So contact one of our landscaping or nursery vendors and give a living gift, or two or three, from your heart!
Wood Landscape Services - http://www.woodlandscape.com
Gibbs Landscape Co. - http://www.gibbslandscape.com
Wilson’s Garden Center - www.gardencenterohio.com/
Calloway’s/Cornelius - http://www.calloways.com/stores-cornelius